Cascading News purpose is to provide the latest news and tutorials on frontend development.
How it’s built
This site is built using WordPress for the backend, Gatsby + React for the statically generated frontend, and Netlify for awesome hosting and CI.
My challenge when building this site was to make it as automatic as possible. Frontend code is publicly available on this github repository.
Unordered list of projects and libraries used for this:
- WordPress REST API
- RSS Post Importer to automatically fetch new articles from RSS given feeds.
- Auto Post Scheduler to publish posts regularly.
- Automatic Post Tagger to add tags to fetched articles based on their titles and contents
- Gatsby, React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Typography for the frontend code
- Gatsby WordPress Source plugin to use WordPress REST API as a source for Gatsby static data
- Netlify for continuous delivery and hosting
Put together by Vincent Ballut.